Tuesday 11 October 2016

Lush Halloween Haul - First Impressions and Thoughts

(Firstly let me apologise for the quality of the photos. My laptop is broken so I'm going between phone and small tablet, it's not fun but you gotta do what you gotta do.)

Lush's Halloween collection is one of my favourite things Lush does. Last year I fell in love with the Nightwing shower jelly, and this year I couldn't wait to see what they came out with. Yesterday I made the trip up to the Buchanan Street store to pick some treats, and hopefully no tricks (Sorry, couldn't resist). 


So I picked up eight of the ten Halloween items, the two I didn't get were the Fireside Soap and Lords of Misrule Shower Gel. It wasn't my soap or shower gel supply that was low, so I decided to skip them. The collection is made up of, in total, two soap, four bath bombs, one showed gel, one bubble bar, one bath melt and a shimmer bar.


Lords of Misrule Bath Bomb
So this is one I know they pull out the vault year after year and I know it's a big favourite, I'm just not sure why. It might be lovely in the bath, haven't tried it yet, so I could stand corrected but it seems kind of everyday. The smell kind of reminds me of some more of their other ones and midtone green just doesn't scream Halloween to me. If I change my mind once I've used it I'll make sure to let you all know.


Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb
Oh, this smells so good, I think. Citrusy but also outdoorsy. I don't love the first sniff, but they get better and better. By sniff seven or eight it's all I want to smell. Sniff. Sniff. Sniff. I can't wait to use this in the bath. I think it's going to turn the water amazing colours and, if this works the way I hope it will, it'll be bathing in sniff eight for at least half an hour.


Pumpkin Bath Bomb
In terms of most amazing first sniff, this wins hands down. If they bottled this scent and sold it as perfume I would coat myself in the daily. Fruity, citrusy and biscuity. It's gorgeous. If I love it in the bath, I'm going back for more. 


Monsters Ball Bath Bomb
I really like the smell of this one too and it's super cute. Look at the little guy. With his one big eye, all round and stuff. Sadly one of his little horns had gotten a bit scuffed off. Like the pumpkin, if this is nice in the bath I'm stocking up. 


Sparkling Pumpkin Bubble Bar
This is another one from the vault. I know I had it last year and it was nice. I usually don't love the glittery bars but as it was the only Halloween bubble bar I picked it up.


Magic Wand Soap
I made a choice between this and the other one it the collection. This has a really nice subtle tangerine smell. I really like lushes blocks of soap for in the bath (the only one I'll use on my face is Honey I Washed the Kids). This'll be replacing the Mangonificent that's almost done on the sink.


Boo Bath Melt
Look at this little guy. Who's a cute little spookle? You're a cute little spookle. Yes you are. I go through phases of loving and hating these melts. If my skin needs a boost they're great, if my hair gets in the bath though it takes a couple of washes to get in back to normal. 


Goth Fairy Shimmer Bar
Here's another cute little spookle. This shimmer bar is a bit like the massage bars you get but it's packed full of shinies. I think this'll be good for wintery nights out. Mixing shinies with moisturiser, yes please. 

All in all the collection is pretty cute. I would have liked to see another bubble bar, maybe something that made the water purple as I feel that the bath bomb to bubble bath ratio is a bit off. I also would have liked to see another shower jelly like last year. They could have done a pumpkin shaped one or maybe something dark green and pine scented. That would have been awesome. 

Tried anything from the collection, let me know what you thought. 

XOXO Scruffy 


Enquiry? Message me ascruffyduck@gmail.com

1 comment: