Tuesday 28 June 2016

Makeup Revolution - Solo Blush Review

So lets have a little chat about Makeup Revolution.



Makeup Revolution are a UK based brand that have a reputation for making fantastic quality products that rival and often dupe high end brands such as Urban Decay and Too Faced. Their products aren't tested on animals either, which is awesome.

I've been using there stuff for a few months now and I largely find the quality to be amazing with their eye and lip products. Their eyeshadows are usually amazing, nicely pigmented and easy to work with. Sometimes you come across one or two in a palette that aren't as good as the others, but, seeing as I paid under a tenner for 20 shades, I'm not going to loose sleep or claim to be ripped off if one or two are a bit pants.

The only area they have ever disappointed me in was their blush palettes. I own two and just found the quality to be no where near as good, also out of 8 pans you get maybe 3 or 4 that are unique colours and the rest are all very, very similar to each other. Not a fan.

A while ago, in a moment of madness, I picked up one of their single colours in the colour Treat. I say moment of madness as it looks a stunning shade of orange in the pan. I don't know if I genuinely picked up the wrong thing, it looked different in Superdrugs insane lighting or I just spaced and thought pumpkin-chic was in this season.

However, this little guy is the business.

Now, buyer beware, as its orange. When on my face it just gives me a warm peachy glow though. I don't know if this would look good on anyone else. I have really rosy red cheeks so it might be mixing with my skin tone, or it might just be an awesome colour. I don't know but I love it.

I love it so much I went and bought another one. I got Now!. A soft pinky shade that reminds me of Dandelion by Benefit. Its really nice as well. Really, really nice.

Yesterday I went out and bought the other four shades they do so I have them all.
Top Row (ltr) Love & Treat, Middle Row (ltr) Now! and Hot!, Bottom Row (ltr) Sugar and Wow!
As you can see some of the shades are kind of similar and I'm honestly a little scared of putting Hot! anywhere as its so pink. This photo isnt the best colourwise though as its made Love and Sugar look far more similar than they actually are. Love is far more cool and brown and Sugar is more like a warm muted pink.

The only thing I'm really not crazy about is the packaging. It looks and feels really cheap and nasty. The white plastic does nothing for the products (and the only other brand I can think of that used white plastic is Natural Collection, Boots budget line). Honestly, even if all they changed was the white for another colour, I think it would do wonders. MUA (Superdrugs own brand) has it blush in similar packaging but in black, and it looks so much better. Makeup Reveloution's own eyeshadow singles come in the exact same packaging as these but in black as well, and again, so much less cheap and nasty looking.

Also I'd have preferred it if the pans were either round or square as its hard to swirl a big brush into a rectangle, but that's just me moaning.

I'll keep you updated on how I get on with these, especially Hot! and if you want a post with swatches or me to do one about the blush palettes, let me know.

Makeup Revolution is available at Superdrug in the UK and also you can buy it direct from their website (I know they ship to America, Canada and New Zealand but can't be sure about anywhere else). Also I think some of their products are available in Ulta stores, but from watching American Youtubers I think the selection is pretty limited.

XOXO Scruffy

No comments:

Post a Comment