Friday 16 December 2016

Urban Decay, First Hit Travel Kit. Review and Swatches - Cruelty Free Delux Samples, Perversion Mascara, Primer Potion


If you've read anything I've written, ever, you'll know I'm a sucker for cute things, trying new stuff and tester packs. Urban Decay are a higher end brand that's semi new to me, but since I started buying their stuff I've fallen in love. I now own a good mix of products from them, but I still like trying new things. When I saw this pack (which I got in the same Debenhams order as the Love at First Kiss from Too Faced and a Kat Von D one I need to type up), I knew I wanted it. 


In this you get a mini primer potion, 24/7 Glide On eye pencil in Demolition, Perversion mascara in black, and an All-Nighter setting spray. I've previously tried the setting spray and a different eyeliner from this range and really liked both, several youtubers I follow rave about the eye primer and I've heard lots of good things about the mascara .


Look at how cute these minis are. Perfect for handbags.


So the eyeliner is a really nice dark brown, I've used this a lot, usually on my upper lashes and actually really like it. I will be buying a full sized one of these when this is done as it stays really well, 

The primer potion is a nude colour and although I don't normally use eye primer (I like to just use concealer) I've used this a couple of times under more elaborate eye looks and the shadow has never budged. I don't know if I'd get a full sized version of this, but I would not say no to another sample size to try it out some more. 


So this is the brush from the mascara, its huge compared to the tube and this is the kind of brush I like. Big and traditional. The mascara itself is really good as well, very black, long lasting and dries fast so it doesn't get everywhere if you sneeze right after applying it ( I do this at least once a month so I have to factor it in when choosing mascara).

I didn't take photos of the spray because its a clear spray. I like this setting spray but I'm not 100% sure its worth the money. The NYX one I recently finished as part of my 17 by 2017 project is really good and far cheaper than this. Again I wouldn't say no to another sample. 

The whole box costs £15 and I think its really great value for money. A full 24/7 eye pencil is £15.50 so if you want to try a wide range of Urban Decay products is definitely cost effective. 

Tried out any cute mini sets you think are worth while? Please let me know in the comments so I can check them out. 

XOXO Scruffy

Enquiry? Message me ascruffyduck@gmail.com  



No comments:

Post a Comment