Thursday 15 December 2016

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Body Oil Review - Cruelty Free Skincare Body Moisturiser

Back when I was in the states I fell in love with the Alba Botanica Hawiian Spray Sunscreen. I ended up buying a back up before returning to the UK as I knew Alba wasn't a brand that was easy to get in the UK. Imagine my surprise when I was browsing in TK Maxx and came across some of their products in the beauty section. 


This is their Hawaiian body oil with kukui nut. Its one of those oils that you apply when your skin is wet from the bath, rub in and then dry yourself off. Also it smells like nutty biscuits, which is amazing. 


So along with being a moisturiser, this product can be used as a massage oil and also added directly to the bath if your skins feeling extra dry.

The bottle boasts it is hypo-allergenic, pH balanced and vegetarian. Theres no artificial colours, parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate or sodium myreth sulfate. I looked up the things there I hadn't heard of and they were either irritants or potentially carcinogenic so yay for it not having any of them.

They're also leaping bunny certified and the bottle is 100% recycled. So more yay for them.


I don't know why I attempted to swatch this. Its clear oil. 

I wasn't sure how I would feel about it as I hate my skin feeling oily or greasy and this had the potential to do both. It doesn't do either though, and actually absorbs really nicely. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth without leaving thick streaks of moisturiser on my skin. 

I'm also crazy about the smell, its everything I want. Light, nutty and biscuity. It sounds weird but it works really well.

If anyone out there knows a proper UK stockist of Alba Botanica, please let me know. I am in love (managed to get another couple of pieces out of TK Maxx I'll review at a later date) with everything I've tried and I want it all. 

XOXO Scruffy 

Enquiry? Message me ascruffyduck@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment