Saturday 22 April 2017

Project Pan 2017 - Start Point. Garnier, Gliss, NYX, Revolution, Too Faced, Boots, Kat Von D

So it's been a while since the last time I attempted a Project Pan type thing and maybe I'm being a little crazy to start it during my 50 Days, 50 Lipsticks projects but I figured as long as I didn't add any lip products in, I could probably give it a bash.

All photos here were taken on 16 April 2017, for updates sake later on.


So I've selected seventeen products as its 2017, to start with. A mix of hair and body care, make-up and perfume and as I finish or hit my goals with things I'll add more in. I've marked all the products I'm including with washi tape, more for my benefit as it makes them easier to identify when I'm half asleep first thing in the morning,


  • Gliss Liquid Silk Hair Repair Conditioner. I've had this bottle since forever and just really want it gone now. I'm not sure if it does anything or not but it does smell pretty and I've only got a tiny bit left so it should be easy enough to use up.
  • Percy and Reed Hairspray. I don't like this and I don't normally use hairspray but I got this in a sample box and I don't like binning usable things so I guess I'll be constructing some up-do's from my crazy mop in the near future.
  • Garnier Body Repair Maple Sap Lotion. This is another product I've had forever and really need rid of it.  This wont take me long to use up so hopefully this'll be gone withing the next four weeks.
  • Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Mask with Active Charcoal. It's not a bad mask, it's just not my favourite. I've probably used it three or four times already so I guess I maybe had four or five more uses left. 
  • B. Pure Micellar Water. It's OK. Its a micellar water, I don't love the twist top on it so I think thats why it's still kicking about. Lets get it used.
  • (Asda)The Skin System Radiance SPF15 Daycream. Again, not something I love but it's usable. Also it's a glass jar which I find a little strange seeing as this really isn't expensive at all.

  • Collection Lasting Perfection Powder in Fair. I want to say its powder and I should just suck it up and use it up but this has a really warm yellow tone and if I use it for anything other than just dusting my nose (like setting concealer) it looks so yellow I have to wipe it off. We should be heading into Summer here in Scotland soon (hahahahahahaha I wish) so I will hopefully be able to get this used up soon.
  • Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer (mini size). I tend to avoid shimmery bronzer like I would a zombie that's on fire and spreading an airborne strain of measles(I don't actually know how measles spreads, is it airborne?) however I have somehow ended up with two of these wee Sun Bunny bronzers. I'm hoping to get some use out of this during the three days of previously mentioned Scottish summer, most likely across my chest, or maybe on my legs if I shave them and then decided to wear shorts. If not its a very pretty and very big eyeshadow. Goal - Hit Pan
  • Benefit Porefessional Primer, its the brown stuff in the pot because I managed to loose the lid for the tube. I don't love it. It doesn't do anything for my oily T-Zone or dry spots but I will use it up.
  • NYX HD Blush in Amber. I don't want to finish it, my goal is just to hit pan and then swap it out. I really like this blush, it's one of my favourites but I feel it gets completely lost in my collection. Goal - Hit Pan
  • New Look Fix Makeup Setting Spray - Hey Kirstie, how about you don't buy stuff on a whim? I picked up a couple of the New Look Beauty products on a whim and both the lipstick and the foundation are actually OK, This spray does nothing though, Noooooooothing. Can't wait till its done.

  • I <3 Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette. I pulled this palette out at the start of April in a vague effort to kind of shop my stash. I say kind of as I use what I pull out for about two weeks, get bored and end up going through everything every day again. I do not love this palette, and I find the shimmers are hard to apply with any intensity and the mattes really fade throughout the day. But dammit I paid for it, so I will get some use out of it. My goal for this is to hit pan on one of the shades, and I already know from the past two and a half weeks it will be a struggle. Also place your bets on which one, my moneys on either the second from the right on the top or second left or second right on the bottom. Once I've done that, if I've not fallen back in love its going in the bin, but at least it will feel less like a waste of money. Goal - Hit Pan
  • Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (Mini Size). I love this, but I'm conscious its getting old and I have no way of cleaning the tip that gets rubbed all over my eye lid every time I use it, which is every time I do winged liner. The plan is to use it up and buy a full sized one, and then not open the full sized one till I've gotten through another three black liquid liners as I have a fair few.
  • 17 Va Va Voom Mascara, Like the liner I love it, but it's getting old. This will be done before my next update most likely, and it will get replaces with my mini Perversion Mascara from Urban decay.
  • Models Own I-Definer Kohl Pencil in Black. I bought a big set of these just after Christmas and the only one I really played with was the Peacock blue shade which was beautiful. Sadly though, I somehow managed to pull the bottom coloured stopper off of it and that was really messy and I had to bin it. I just want to try and use this a bit, as I always seem to reach for my NYX Slide On Pencil, when I want a black liner pencil. I'll swap it out when I feel like it, or bin it if its not good. Goal - Play with it a bit
  • Ralph Lauren Polo Sport 2 Perfume - I like this perfume, but I tend not to use it as I don't love it, and I have other small bottles of perfume I love. It has, at various points in time, lived in my handbag and now the paint on the bottle is chipping off and its looking crazy. It's a very sweet and summery smell, and is the UK is now in Spring, lets get it finished. I'm just below the top of the 2 on  the packaging and if I wear it to work four days a week, it'll be gone before we hit Autumn,
  • M&S Nuit Perfume - I got this out a subscription box a while ago and, like the Polo Sport 2, I like it but I don't love it. Unlike it though, it's really, really strong, not very summery and not really suitable for work. I've barely made a dent in it so far (that line is way to close to the top for my liking) but I will get through it, and if I haven't by the end of the year, I'll get rid of it
So that's everything for now, wish me luck as I usually get bored around week three and give up.

XOXO Scruffy


No comments:

Post a Comment