Tuesday 25 October 2016

Lush Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb Review with Photos- Cruelty Free Body Care

(Firstly let me apologise for the quality of the photos. My laptop is broken so I'm going between phone and small tablet, it's not fun but you gotta do what you gotta do.)

I recently did a massive Lush haul, full of lots of their awesome limited edition Halloween products (which can be checked out here) and thought it might be fun to test a couple and give you my honest thoughts. 

I already tested the Monsters Ball bath bomb (link to that post) and that review was really well recieved, so I thought I'd reviews this one for you as well.


In terms of looks this bath bomb is a thing of beauty. I sometimes feel the cutesy bath bombs from Lush can look a little bit childish, especially if I'm buying them as a gift for someone older than me (say Mammy Scruff for example). The leaf shape feels quite sophisticated by Lush standards and the bright colours keep it fun. 

As for the smell. I wasn't completely sold on it but it does get more appealing the more you sniff.

Bonus photo to show you the side. Look at the hidden red there.

And now onto how it looks in the bath. I wanted a show and this little guy delivered.




This bar was so pretty when it was dissolving, sadly the colours werent really that pleasant once it was done. Unlike Monsters Ball which left the water bath water amazing colours, the red and yellow tones mixed together to create a flat burnt yellow colour. I was not a fan, bathing in yellow water doesn't appeal at all (or obvious reasons). I just kept thinking of an episode of Sons of Anarchy that really grossed me out and I ended up cutting this bath a little shorter than planned. Sorry Lush. 

Smell wise, it was amazing though. That magic eight sniff I mentioned in the haul post, bliss. If only I was able to work past the bathwater colour issue. 

Bath cleanliness wise, just as easy to clean up after as the other one. I feel like Lush may have changed their formula as I remember them being a pain in the butt to clean off the bath before. All it took was a quick wipe to remove some excess pigment and the bath was good to go. My skin felt the same too, soft anf moisturised but not oily or greasy. 

Score time

Look 4/5
Smell 5/5
Bath show 1/5
Skin Feel 5/5
Minimal Cleanup 5/5

I'm probably not going to buy it again. I'd much rather get something like Monsters Ball and I've learned a lesson about things that dissolve to yellow. I am worried about what the pumpkin one will do in the bath now as I am in love with the smell of that. We'll see I guess.

XOXO Scruffy 

Enquiry? Message me ascruffyduck@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment