Wednesday 30 November 2016

November Favourites - Makeup, Fashion, Candles and Food - Cruelty Free and Delicious 2016


So November has been a kind of funny month. My trip to the Czech Republic at the very start now feels like a lifetime ago, the nights are drawing in, its getting cold and feeling very wintery.

I've tried some new makeup I love, some I wasn't so sold on and rediscovered some old favourites. Some of these have review posts and others will be getting them soon. I'll link anything I've done a full post on. Also if the photos seem a little blurry, I'm sorry. I had a major case of the hiccups and didn't have time to retake them.  


The Sleek Bad Girl i-Divine palette and the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette. I have full reviews of both of these coming out soon, the Sleek one might actually be up by the time this post goes up and the Urban Decay one will follow as part of Blogmas. 

I've been really enjoying combining these. My usual has two top left and bottom right shadows in the Sleek palette combined with most of the top row of the Naked palette, although its also great on its own. The only thing I hated about both these palettes was the applicators that came with them. The Sleek palette had one of those sponge applicator things and the brush that came with the Urban Decay palette kicks off more fallout that I've ever seen. These shadows are great with any other brush, but not that one. C'mon Urban Decay...



Other eye favourites this month. I <3 Makeup Eyeliner in Channeling My Inner, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper and Freedom Duo Brow Powder in Caramel Brown. These two eyeliners have been staples in my makeup bag this month. The I <3 Makeup pencil is one of my favourite brown liners ever. Its soft and blendable with a gorgeous copper sheen to it. It also lasts all day. The Kat Von D liner has a super thin, but its also firm enough to draw a good line. I can see me getting a full sized one of these once this little guy is finished.  The Freedom brow powder has been a favourite for a while now. As you can see from the swatches, its not super pigmented but that's all I need. In the past I tried penciling in my browns, or using coloured pomade or tinted mascara, but my brows are fairly thick and defined so most things make them feel over done. This powder is all I need to simply fill in the patchy bits nearer the ends of them to them looking a bit thin. 



Face product wise I've been loving the Naked Skin Weightless Concealer from Urban Decay in light neutral. I've never found a concealer that's a good match for me. I always find that high street ones are always either far to warm or far to cool for me. I went and got colour matched for this one and its a good match (guess I maybe should have swatched it for you). Its also really nice and blendable. I also got the foundation from this range and am planning on a wear test post, hopefully as part of Blogmas but no guarantees. Then we have the Freedom Pro Glow in Meow, the first wrist swatch is everything swirled together and the second is a more concentrated one using the circle in them middle. I've been loving this for days when I'm feeling more lazy and just want something to add a little something to my cheeks. The third product is the Sleek Blush in Rose Gold. This colour and the swatch looking really intimidating but when you use it lightly on a fluffy brush it gives the most gorgeous. soft, rosy glow. The gold shimmer is also super cute. Both these products are super affordable as well. 



My two absolute favourite lip products of November are both NYX. The first is the Lip Lingerie in Embellishment. I've already done a full review of this here so I'm not going to go on about it. The other is the NYX Matte lipstick in Eurotrash. I have a full review of this and another matte lipstick from the range going up during Blogmas, its already finished so that will probably go up within the next week or so. I wore it pretty much every day last week and its just the perfect nude matte lipstick for work and if I'm not doing anything fancy.


So onto other favourites. I got this bag before Halloween and have used it loads. I love it. Ursula has always been my favourites, she has an awesome musical number and spends all day chilling in a killer dress and getting food from her henchmen. Those are my life goals in a nutshell. Also it saves me 5p every time I remember to use it (in Scotland you have to pay for plastic bags, unless they're coming directly in contact with food and keeping it sanitary).


I've been loving my pins too, I got the Hufflepuff Quidditch colours pin when I was in Florida and it currently chilling on the collar of my winter coat. I've had a lot of compliments and it reminds me of sunnier times. The wooden stags head came from CherryLoco Jewellery, a Glasgow based company I own a fair amount of stuff from including my sleeping fox necklace. I'm currently trying to work out how to fit getting one of the Gingerdead Men pins into my meticulously planned budget. Folk keep asking what I want for my Birthday, I might tell the next person that asks I want that. The Critical Hit and French Fancy ones are from Kitty's Kitschenette and when I was trying to find that link I remembered why I stopped looking at her website. I want it all! She has a Wednesday Addams brooch up. I might need to ask for that too. I love the Addams Family and Wednesday was always my favourite. 


Burnables wise, these two have emerged as my Winter 2016 favourites. There's the Wickford and Co. Gingerbread candle and the Airwick Mulled Wine by the Fire colour changing candle. I've raved about both of these on Instagram (find me here cough). I love all the festive, spicy, gingery, cinnamony smells that are out there right now so I've bought a lot of candles and a lot of backups recently. The Gingerbread candles wins the award for overall best though. The huge jar, and by huge I mean the same size as the biggest Yankie Candle I've ever seen, is £2.99 from Home Bargains and it smells like exactly like fresh gingerbread biscuits, When I lived at home my little brother used to bake them a lot so it brings back memories. I'm not even half way through the first one, even thought I've burnt it for what feels like days, and I have two backups. Hopefully that will keep me going for a while. The colour changing candle is more just fun to watch. Flames and a light show. I did manage to make it colour change without lighting it, but I'm not sure how. Also you can trigger it by just passing a lighter near it. Not sure how it works but it sure is pretty. 


My last two favourites are delicious. The first is the M&S Christmas Mulled Fruit Infusion Tea. This stuff is amazing. It smells like, and, if drank when piping hot, tastes like mulled wine but is office appropriate. I have boxes squirreled away everywhere, home, office, boyfriends. Heck, I've have a backup in my handbag if there was space. Everyone I've given this too seems to love it as well and I managed to survive two days when I didn't have milk (because I forgot in town and was too lazy to cross two roads and go to the shop directly across the street once I was home) drinking this and I normally need my breakfast tea. Just don't let it get cold because then it tastes awful. Its one of those herbal teas. 

My other favourite is Lebkuchen. Whilst this isn't ever not a favourite, cause gingerbread is the best, its finally in the shops and acceptable for me to eat lots of it. This one is especially nice and is a new discovery this year, its the Nuremberg assortment from Lidl and has walnuts, almonds, cashews and hazelnuts through it. I'm surprised this lasted long enough for me to photograph it. So yummy. 

Thats all for now duckies.

XOXO Scruffy

Enquiry? Message me ascruffyduck@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment