Monday 21 November 2016

Bare Minerals Glamour Now Gift Set First Impressions and Swatches - Cruelty Free Cosmetics

So earlier this week I saw a post on Facebook regarding the new stock that TK Maxx had in for Christmas. It mostly was about Too Faced products but when I went in to check it out I discovered a high number of other brands as well. The have Nars, Lancome, Makeup Forever, Real Techniques, Models Own and Eco Tools to name a few.

I picked up some Too Faced products (these were down at between £5.99 and £6.99), which I will review at a later date, and I had some Models Own and Eco Tools in my basket when I came across  this gold box. 


So whats in the box...


So this is the Bare Minerals Glamour Now gift set. It contains seven products and cost me £26.99. It was more than I was planning to spend, however I've been curious about Bare Minerals products for a long time and this seemed like a good way to give things a try. 

Also can we just take a second to discuss how gorgeous the box and gold packaging is. I know gold is everywhere right now and its pretty common, but that doesn't stop me thinking it's cute. I feel like this is what Christmas packaging should be like.

The foundation is the wrong colour for me (its Medium Tan) so I'm not even going to show that as its unopened right now. However I am going to swap it with someone that can use it, so it still serves a purpose to me.



Eyeshadow quad in The Main Event. I'd heard really good things about Bare Minerals eyeshadow so I was excited to try this. The two shimmer shades seem nice, but I'm unsure about the matte cream and purple shimmer shades. I will give them a try on my eyes before I judge them though. 


Hydrating Gold Mineral Veil. So I could find mineral veils on the website but not this one. I also struggled to get a good photo of what this looks like on the skin. It it just a gorgeous, finally milled powder with a very subtle gold sheen to it. It would be really nice for adding a slight glow to face without looking like you've highlighted at all. Definitely looking forward to giving this a go.



Blush in Glamour. This is describes as a warm pop of pink. In actual fact its a much more subtle rosy pink colour with a soft gold sheen to it. Its really pretty and also subtle (not sure if you can even really see it in the above photo). Again, I will enjoy giving this a proper go.



So this is a product that isn't on the website. It's described as brown khol and black liquid liner on the insert card, however I think the both look brown and the liquid end is in the colour espresso so I would personally be expecting it to be brown. Initially I wasn't impressed ,however when I went to wash this off my hands Smoke clung to my skin like crazy. That impressed me a lot so I'm looking forward to trying that end of the pencil.



So this is the Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dazzler. If you've been here any length of time, you'll know I cannot stand lipglosses. Up until I got this one, I only owned two (an old Benefit one I don't use and need to bin, and a NYX Intense butter gloss I don't totally hate). I tried this on my lips and its not bad, its not too sticky and has a pleasant minty smell and taste. Like Smoke its also difficult to remove. I'd be up for giving this ago, the subtle gold shimmer would look nice over some lipsticks.



And lastly, you get the Flawless Application Brush. I own two other Bare Minerals brushes, the only Bare Minerals products I owned before this, and love them. This one is so nice and new and soft. These are £19 each on the Bare Minerals website, so even just this and the eyeliner would cost more that the whole set (and the eyeshadow quad would cost more on its own), and that's the reason I don't own more of them. I would just like to point out that although Bare Minerals are cruelty free, these brushes are made of goats hair, so they are not vegan. If that doesn't bother you, then these brushes are fantastic quality and I would recommend them.

Overall, I think this set is fantastic value and if you are unsure it about Bare Minerals then I think its a good way to try their products. The set is currently not listed on TK Maxx's website, however they still had stock in the Argyll Street store in Glasgow when I was in.

Scored a bargain recently? Let me know about it.

XOXO Scruffy

Enquiry? Message me ascruffyduck@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment